All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees/Staff of One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we? We are One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop based in St. Ives Cambridgeshire. We undertake various servicing and repair work to vehicles such as MOTs, Tyres and Bodywork.
Our Data Protection Officer and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
• 01480 496611
The personal data we would like to collect from you is:
We store your personal data on a cloud software called MAM Software.
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
• To confirm your booking
• To contact you in regards to the work you have asked us to carry out
• To send servicing and MOT reminders
• To update your MOT and servicing history
• If you have opted in to marketing updates: To keep you updated on One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop news and offers. • For invoicing purposes
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. Consent is required for One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used. You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing us – firstname.lastname@example.org
One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop will not pass your personal data to any third parties.
3.4 Retention period
One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop will store and process your data for 7 years in line with our retention policy.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review: in the event that One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.5 below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop’ data protection representatives by emailing email@example.com
|Supervisory authority contact details
|Data Protection Officer (DPO)
|One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop
|Address line 1:
|Units 1 – 3 Houghton Road
|Address line 2:
|Address line 3:
|Address line 4:
3.6. Privacy Statement
4.0. Online Privacy Statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop, will collect and use your personal data for sending you marketing emails.
Why does One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to update you on our services, we need to collect personal data to contact you. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop share my personal data with anyone else?
We use MAM Systems to store and process your data. We will not share your personal data with other third parties.
How will One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop use the personal data it collects about me?
One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs
Under what circumstances will One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop, at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
One Stop Motorist Centre and Bodyshop accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: Passport, Drivers Licence, Birth Certificate.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner:
|Data Protection Officer
|Address line 1:
|Units 1 – 3 Houghton
|Address line 2:
|Address line 3:
|Address line 4: